Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Professor David Lebel shares tactics for overcoming the fear of the uncertain and building the courage to speak up.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Simple, but powerful ways to ease your anxiety
2) The surprising cost of leaving things unsaid
3) A handy script for when you need to disagree
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep578 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT DAVID —
David Lebel is an award-winning teacher and researcher, currently serving as Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh. Dave has received multiple teaching awards and was the highest rated professor at the Katz school during the 2017-2018 academic year. His research focuses on proactive behaviors at work including voice/speaking up, innovation, and taking initiative.
Dave received a BS in Economics, an MS in Management, and a PhD in Organizational Behavior, all from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. Prior to pursuing a PhD, he was a management consultant with Deloitte, providing strategy and operations expertise to public sector clients, and an analyst for a large $15 billion privately held supply chain organization.
He lives with his family in Pittsburgh, PA.
• David’s LinkedIn: David Lebel
• David’s academic profile: R. David Lebel
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• App: Headspace
• Researcher: Amy Edmondson
• Book: Tempered Radicals: How People Use Difference to Inspire Change at Work by Debra Meyerson
• Book: Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
• Book: Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Pitney Bowes. Simplify your shipping while saving money. Get a free 30-day trial and 10-lb shipping scale at pb.com/AWESOME