Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Michael Watkins shares the new conversations leaders need to have in order to empower and support their teams during difficult times.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The question all leaders must ask during a crisis
2) Why you don’t need to solve problems to be of value
3) The best thing to do when conversations get emotional
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep581 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT MICHAEL —
Michael Watkins is the co-founder of Genesis Advisers, a global leadership development consultancy based in Boston, Massachusetts, specializing in transition acceleration for leaders, teams and organizations, where he coaches C-level executives of global organizations. He is the Professor of Leadership and Organizational Change at the IMD Business School. He has spent the last two decades working with executives—both corporate and public—as they craft their legacies as leaders and was ranked among the leading management thinkers globally by Thinkers50 in 2019.
• Michael’s LinkedIn: Michael Watkins
• Michael’s university: IMD
• Michael’s company: Genesis
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Study: The Hawthorne Effect
• Digital Workplace: MURAL
• Book: Naturalistic Decision Making (Expertise: Research and Applications Series) by Caroline Zsambok
• Past episode: 029: Gaining Quicker Traction in Your New Role with Dr. Michael D. Watkins