Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Jeff Haden discusses what we often get wrong about motivation—and what really works.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The one thing that makes any goal feel motivating
2) The subtle shift in phrasing that makes goals more motivating
3) A surprising way to boost your willpower
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep583 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT JEFF —
Jeff Haden is Inc.com's most popular columnist and one of LinkedIn's most widely-followed Influencers. His work has also appeared on Time, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Business Insider, Entrepreneur, Yahoo! Small Business, MSNBC, and CNBC.
• Book: The Motivation Myth: How High Achievers Really Set Themselves Up to Win
• LinkedIn: Jeff Haden
• Magazine: Inc.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Phenomenon: The Ben Franklin Effect
• Book: So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport
• Book: The Talent Code: Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How by Daniel Coyle
• Book: Radical Candor: Fully Revised & Updated Edition: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
• Previous episode: 150: Expressing Radical Candor with Kim Scott
• Personality: Tony Robbins
• Personality: Herb Kelleher
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Build your team’s learning library–the fast and fun way–with Rise.com/awesome