Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Harvard professor Francesca Gino discusses why we shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions and nurture our curiosity.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The mindset shift that leads to great innovation
2) Why our fear of judgment is often overblown
3) How to resolve conflict peacefully with curiosity
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep584 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT FRANCESCA —
Francesca Gino is an award-winning researcher who focuses on why people make the decisions they do at work, and how leaders and employees have more productive, creative and fulfilling lives. She is the Tandon Family Professor of Business Administration in the Negotiation, Organizations & Markets Unit at Harvard Business School and the author, most recently, of Rebel Talent: Why it Pays to Break the Rules in Work and Life. Gino is also affiliated with the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, the Mind, Brain, Behavior Initiative at Harvard, and the Behavioral Insight Group at Harvard Kennedy School.
Gino has been honored as one of the world’s Top 40 Business Professors under 40 and one of the world’s 50 most influential management thinkers by Thinkers 50.
• Book: Rebel Talent: Why It Pays to Break the Rules at Work and in Life
• Book website: RebelTalents.org
• Website: FrancescaGino.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Yes, And: How Improvisation Reverses "No, But" Thinking and Improves Creativity and Collaboration--Lessons from The Second City by Kelly Leonard and Tom Yorton
• Company: Second City
• Personality: Massimo Bottura
• Study: Carol Dweck: A Summary of Growth and Fixed Mindsets
• Past episode: 001: Communicating with Inspiration and Clarity with Mawi Asgedom
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Pitney Bowes. Simplify your shipping while saving money. Get a free 30-day trial and 10-lb shipping scale at pb.com/AWESOME