Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
How to Be Awesome at Your Job
Stanford professor Nicholas Bloom shares insights from the largest study on working from home to show how to adjust to the new world of work.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Four key findings from the largest study on working from home
2) What the ideal work from home week looks like
3) Why this isn’t the end of the office
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep586 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT NICHOLAS —
Nicholas (Nick) Bloom is a Professor of Economics at Stanford University, and a Co-Director of the Productivity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship program at the National Bureau of Economic Research. His research focuses on management practices and uncertainty. He previously worked at the UK Treasury and McKinsey & Company. His work has been covered in a range of media including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, Economist and Financial Times.
On the personal side he is English living with his Scottish Wife and American kids - a multi-lingual English household on Stanford campus.
• Nicholas’ TEDx Talk: Go Ahead, Tell Your Boss You Are Working From Home | Nicholas Bloom | TEDxStanford
• Nicholas’ study: “Does Working from Home Work? Evidence from a Chinese Experiment,” with James Liang, John Roberts, and Zhichun Jenny Ying
• Nicholas’ academic profile: Nicholas Bloom
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Product: Blue Yeti
• Product: Logitech C920 PRO HD Webcam
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Build your team’s learning library–the fast and fun way–with Rise.com/awesome