Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Like an FBI Negotiator, a course by Chris Voss.
Many of us have seen a lead go cold, in our personal and business lives. We’ve dreamed up collaborations and projects that have fizzled out, whether for a lack of motivation or because two parties have been unable to resolve an issue where cooperation was desperately needed. For high-level negotiators in organizations like the FBI, negotiation is a science with a consistent set of rules. And while no outcome is ever completely predictable, there are a million ways of improving the odds. Chris Voss, former FBI Kidnapping Negotiator and current CEO of the Black Swan Group, knows a few things about striking a deal and just as much about walking away from one that has soured or lost direction. In this masterclass, he teaches you essential strategies, moves, and tricks for negotiating toward favorable outcomes.
- Former Kidnapping Negotiator, FBI, and Author, "Never Split the Difference"
- 2 Episodes
- Identify Your Negotiation Style – and Your Counterpart’s4 min
- Leverage Language and Linguistic Cues8 min
- Identify Your Negotiation Style Worksheet
- Leverage Language Worksheet
- Take the Long View Worksheet
- Counterpart to Reveal Her Cards
- Make a Deal Out of the Way Worksheet
- Gain the Upper Hand Worksheet
- Salary Negotiation Strategy Worksheet