Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Mueller Report Audio
Part 1 of 2 from Section III. Legal Defenses to the Application of Obstruction-of-Justice Statutes to the President. This subsection of Volume 2, pages 159-168, provides legal background of the obstruction-of-justice statute most readily applicable to the Special Counsel's investigation: Section 1512(c)(2) of 18 U.S.C.
Legal Defenses to the Application of Obstruction-of-Justice Statutes to the President (0:29)
Statutory Defenses to the Application of Obstruction-Of-Justice Provisions to the Conduct Under Investigation (2:41)
- The Text of Section 1512(c)(2) Prohibits a Broad Range of Obstructive Acts (4:39)
- Judicial Decisions Support a Broad Reading of Section 1512(c)(2) (7:58)
- The Legislative History of Section 1512(c)(2) Does Not Justify Narrowing Its Text (12:11)
- General Principles of Statutory Construction Do Not Suggest That Section 1512(c)(2) is Inapplicable to the Conduct in this Investigation (15:28)
- Other Obstruction Statutes Might Apply to the Conduct in this Investigation (19:42)
Mueller Report Audio - muellerreportaudio.com
Presented by Timberlane Media
Support via PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org