Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Fit For Thought
Calling all moms, moms-to-be, fitness professionals and anyone who’s interested in pelvic floor and abdominal health - this one's for you! Samantha Montpetit-Huynh is a mother of two, certified pre and postnatal exercise specialist with over 15 years of experience and the co-founder of Bellies Inc. an innovative system designed to empower woman and change the way they prepare for and recover from pregnancy and birth. She's also also a sought after media professional who's been featured on Canada AM, Breakfast Television, CHCH, CTV News and was the in-house fitness expert on the Marilyn Denis Show from 2013-2017.
Some of the things you'll learn on this episode
- The exercises to start practicing now to prepare for pregnancy and birth
- What diastasis rectus abdominis is and how it's connected to pelvic floor health
- The truth about postpartum leaking - we need to talk about it!
- How to retrain your core using alignment, breathing and coordination
- Why pelvic floor physiotherapists should be part of every woman’s birth and recovery team
- What exercises you may want to avoid postpartum
- Just because you might not have the body you once had, does not mean you can’t have a better and stronger body than ever before