Himalaya-The Podcast Player
1. User information to be collected and the method of collection
In this Policy, “User Information” means personal information (such as name, email address and telephone number) that will be saved as account information when registering an account in order to access the Services and which is collected by the Company in accordance with this Policy. “User Information” also includes information collected by the Company when the sharing function offered by the Company is used – for example, when contents are played, a website which uses the Company’s advertisement service is accessed or the Company’s advertisements or contents are displayed or operated, and other information set out below.
(1) Device information
The Company collects device-specific information (such as hardware model, version of the operating system being used, IP specific to the device, mobile network information such as telephone number). The Company may associate your account with your device ID and telephone number.
(2) Location information
When you use the Services, the Company may collect information relating to your location. The location will be determined using various technologies including IP address, GPS and other sensors that provide the Company with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access point and cell towers.
(3) Cookies and similar technologies
(4) Account related information
In addition to information relating to you obtained from the Company’s partners, any information collected while you are signed-in to your account may be associated with your account. Please refer to paragraph 5 of this Policy for details on how to access, manage or delete information associated with your account.
2. Purpose of use
The User Information will be used for the purposes of providing, maintaining, protecting and improving the Services, developing a new service and protecting the Company and its users.
The specific purposes of use of User Information in connection with the provision of Services are as follows:
(1) to provide contents tailored for the users (such as providing search results and advertisements that are more relevant);
(2) to deliver and display advertisements and contents based on attribute information, device information, location information and activity information;
(3) to improve the service and develop a new service;
(4) to generate statistic data in the form by which the specific individual cannot be identified in order to utilize for marketing activity performed by the Company and/or a third party to be designated by the Company; and
(5) to utilize to perform the above-mentioned purposes.
3. Use of User Information
If the other users have already obtained other information to identify you, the Company may provide such other users with the profile information (such as your name and photographs) published by you.
If you use your account, your profile name, profile photo, activities on third party applications that are associated with the Company or your account (such as comments posted by you) may be displayed on the Services (including advertisements and other commercial displays). The Company will, however, respect the choice made by you with respect to the sharing and privacy setting on your account.
If you contact the Company, the Company will keep the communication records to help solve the issues you have. The Company may use your email address to send information regarding the Company’s Services (such as notice of proposed changes or improvements).
The Company will use the information collected through technologies such as Cookies to improve the user experience and the quality of the Company’s overall Services. For this purpose, the Company will save your language setting and display the Services in the language selected by you. When advertisements are customized and displayed for you, the identifying information obtained from Cookies and other similar technologies will not be associated with categories of information which are highly confidential (such as race, religion, sexuality and health).
The Company’s automated system will analyse your contents (including emails) and provide you with service functions which are more relevant to you. Such functions will include customized search results, customized advertisements and detection of spams and malware.
By associating the User Information obtained from certain services of the Company with information obtained from other services of the Company (such as User Information), the sharing of information with an acquaintance, for example, may become easier. Further, depending on the account setting, your activities on other websites and applications may be associated with your User Information to improve the Services or the advertisements by the Company.
4. Obtaining consent and request to cease use
The Company will always obtain your consent if it wishes to use your User Information for purposes other than those set out in this Policy.
You may request cessation of use of all or part of such User Information by giving notice to the Company. In such case, the Company will promptly cease the use of such User Information in accordance with the terms prescribed by the Company. However, as the collection or use of certain categories of User Information is a prerequisite for the Services, the Company will cease the collection of such User Information only when you have unsubscribed from the Services in accordance with the method prescribed by the Company.
5. Management of User Information
The Company aims to clearly set out the information that it collects and enable you to appropriately select how such information is used. For example, you are able to do the following:
(1) review and update the activities management and specify which type of data (such as audio played on an application and details of past searches) should be saved with your account when using the Services. Further, at the management page, you are able to specify whether certain activities should be stored in Cookies or similar technology on your device when you use the Services while being signed-out from the account.
(2) review and edit the advertisement display setting (such as categories you are interested in) relating to advertisements displayed on the Services or on the web page using the advertisement setting. At the advertisement setting page, you are able to select not to use part of the advertisement services provided by the Company.
(3) change the profile associated with your account which is displayed to other users.
(4) manage the persons with whom you can share information through your account.
(5) select to display your profile name or profile photo in the shared recommended information displayed in the advertisements.
Further, the services offered by the Company provide you with various options with respect to sharing and removing your contents.
Whenever you use the Company’s services, the Company aims to provide you with access to your User Information. If that information is wrong, the Company endeavours to provide you with ways to promptly update it or to delete it unless the Company has to keep such information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, the Company may ask you to verify your identity before it can act on your request.
The Company may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (such as requests concerning information stored on the backup system).
Where the Company can provide access to or correction of User Information, it will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. As the Company takes measures to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, after you delete information from the Services, the Company may not be able to immediately delete residual copies from its active servers and may not remove information from its backup systems.
6. Disclosure of personal information
If you request the disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will promptly make such disclosure after confirming that the request is made by you except where the Company is not obliged to make such disclosure under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other applicable law. Please note that there will be an administrative fee for disclosure of personal information.
7. Sharing of User Information with third parties by the Company
The Company will not provide or permit the use of User Information to or by a third party except in the following circumstances:
(1) With your consent
The Company may share the User Information to a third party other than the Company when it has your consent to do so. The Company will take special care when dealing with User Information that is particularly confidential.
(2) With a domain administrator
(i) view statistics relating to your account (such as statistics relating to applications you installed)
(ii) change the password to your account
(iii) suspend or terminate your account access
(iv) access or retain information stored as part of your account
(v) receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
(vi) restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
(3) With an external service provider
If the Company engages a service provider to process all or part of the User Information to the extent necessary in order to achieve the purpose of use, the Company may provide such service provider with the User Information. In such case, the Company will procure that such service provider, an affiliated company of the Company or a third party, complies with this Policy and takes other appropriate measures for the protection of the User Information.
(4) For legitimate reasons
The Company may share the User Information with a third party if it deems that the access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information to a third party is reasonably necessary to:
(i) comply with law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
(iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues
(iv) protect the rights, property or safety of the Company’s users or third parties, as required or permitted by law
(5) Non-personally identifiable information
The Company may publish information that are non-personally identifiable and share such information with its partners (such as website operators, advertisers and connected websites). For example, the Company may share information publicly to show the trends about the general use of the Services.
8. Protection of User Information
The Company takes the following measures to protect the Company and its users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized changes, disclosures or destruction of User Information held by the Company:
(i) the Company encrypts many of the services using SSL and offer two-step verification when you access your account and safe browsing feature within the application
(ii) the Company reviews its information collection, storage and processing practices (including physical security measures) to protect the system from unauthorized access
(iii) the Company restricts access to User Information to its employees, designated contractors and authorized agents who need to know such information. Such persons who have access to User Information are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and are required to comply with this Policy.
9. Scope of this Policy
This Policy does not apply to services offered by third parties, such as products or websites that may be displayed in search results, websites that may include the Services, or other websites linked to the Services. This Policy does not cover the information practices of third parties who advertise the Services.
10. Contact us
The Company regularly reviews compliance with the Policy and laws. If the Company receives any feedback, enquiries, complains or issues in writing, the Company will follow up in good faith with the person who wrote in.
11. Changes to this Policy
Effective date: April 08, 2019
Himalaya Media Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.himalaya.com website and the mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service means the https://www.himalaya.com website and the mobile application operated by Himalaya Media Inc.
- Personal Data
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Himalaya Media Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Himalaya Media Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Himalaya Media Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Himalaya Media Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Himalaya Media Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your